11 November 2015

News Update: GOODREADS CHOICE AWARDS 2015 SEMIFINAL



Hola!

Great day everyone! I'm back! I have been busy for the past few days with college and stuff but I'm here and ready to hear from all of you.

So, as we are all aware (I'm guessing), the opening round of this year's Goodreads Choice Awards happened on the 1st to 8th of November and hopefully everyone had the chance to participate and cast their votes for their best books. I'm betting that most of us had a hard time choosing the best titles for each category. I was completely torn because, as expected, all my favourite titles were nominated side by side in the same category especially in the Best YA (all the titles are my fave and I've read them) coz let's all face it, we just love 'em all, right?

Anyways, the semifinal round already started yesterday, 10 November, and will be running til 15. I'm happy that Jojo Moyes' After You made it to the Semifinal along with my fave, Harper Lee's Go Set a Watchman, for the Best Fiction category. Baldacci, King and Hawkins also made it under the Best Mystery and Thriller (another hard choice, BTW). Most of my favourite books in the Romance category also made it to the semi, just not really psyched that an eye made it too. Oh well.

I've noticed that there are Youtubers that made it to the semi for Best Humor along with the awesome, Mindy Kaling. Not a fan of Youtubers but my friend is just obsessed with Dan Howell and his book is nominated, TABINOF or The Amazing Book is Not on Fire, and she wanted me to vote for it but I didn't. (Smiles) I take my Choice Awards seriously and I'm not bias. But hey, happy for them.

Ghetto Side by Jill Leovy also made it under Best Nonfiction and I really like that book so Yay! I was also torn choosing between Dirty Pretty Things and Memories under the Best Poetry because I'm just obsessed with both Michael Faudet and Lang Leav so it's really sad that I had to choose but hey, I'm just so happy that they both made it. Both are really great. And as much as I love Rainbow Rowell, I just really love Miss Peregrine's. I am in love with Ransom Rigg's books.

And let me just say how proud I am that Made You Up, Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda and My Heart and Other Black Holes made it to semi under two categories, Debut Goodreads Author and YA Fiction! How cool is that?

I'd like to congratulate all the authors who made it to semi and those who didn't. Each and every book is amazing and deserving of acknowledgements. Winning to this competition doesn't mean that the titles that didn't make it are not worthy. Let's all remember that. 

So, to all of you who haven't voted yet or wasn't able to vote in the first round, this is your chance. You guys still have time til 15 and let's cross our fingers that our fave books make it til the Finals.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment