28 November 2015

Review: MY MAYBELLINE LIPPERS



I've always been a fan of Maybelline products ever since it started selling its products in a more affordable prices. Btw, The MaybellinePh Big Sale runs til 31 December 2015. They seemed to be always on sale which is a good thing for someone like me who loves to splurge on makeup. And the fact that they're a well known makeup brand is also a good thing because as much as possible we don't want to buy makeups from some never been heard brand for safety purposes.

I can't deny the fact that I've been a Baby Lips user for quite some time now. It's a lot cheaper than other brands but I must say it lacks in the quality department. They lack consistency. I've tried different flavors of Baby Lips, I even tried the new Electro Pop, but I haven't gotten much moisture as I should have. Although they have this cute packaging but that won't make my lips moisturized.


BABY LIPS PINK GLOW (MIXED BERRY FLAVOR)

I've been using this on & off  because I also have Baby Lips Color so I alternate them. Anyway, as much as I love the smell (I love berries), it's just not doing it for me. I've found myself reapplying my lips every hour even though it promised 8-hour moisture. Trust me I know that advertisements are used to lure customers and they tend to not live up to their promises because I also major in Advertising but the thing here is I'd be a little glad if it could moisture my lips for quite some hours but for less than hour? I don't think so. And it leaves my lips flaky and dry. It's a waste of good money even though it's cheap.



BABY LIPS COLOR (PINK PEONY FLAVOR)

I must say this is the only Baby Lips product that I could tolerate. The smell is not as good as the other because this one reminds me of a car perfume and it's a bit sticky. I know weird but it's true. Despite the fact that it does not tint my lips even though it says it would and does not gives me a lasting moisture, I have noticed that it does not leave my lips flaky and dry. So that's a good thing.


BABY LIPS ELECTRO POP (ORANGE)

I bought this product because it was the newest addition to Baby Lips and the packaging is just so cute. It's also a disappointment and waste of  money. It smells like orange and it makes me dizzy actually. I hardly use it because it's as bad as the Baby Lips Pink Glow. It's too slippery and it makes my lips flaky and dry. And it doesn't give much tint on my lips. I was thinking that it's Baby Lips Pink Glow and Baby Lips Color sandwiched into one product but it sucks. Complete Bullocks. Excuse my french.




MAYBELLINE COLORSHOW 

(Left to Right)

Pink Power
Rock the Coral
Chic Peach
Red My Lips


(P165 each)

Colorshow is not exactly part of the big Maybelline Sale and I have no problem with that because it's already cheap. And as you can see I already have four shades of 'em and I'm still planning on buying some more to complete the collection and to hopefully give my reviews.

I love how they have different kind of shades that just suits your style and personality (and maybe mood too). They smell like candy to me so I love that too.

Both Pink Power and Rock the Coral are Matte so that's a big plus. Matte lipsticks are as much as a trend as dark shade lipsticks right now. Pink Power is my favourite (You can tell in the picture that it's more used), it stays a lot longer than Rock the Coral and it doesn't make my lips dry and flaky. I don't know if it's just me or what but I don't see any difference in terms of their shade, I think they look the same when you put it on your lips.

Chic Peach is a great color too. It's somewhat nude and I love the smell. It doesn't make my lips dry and flaky too although I have to reapply once in a while because it fades.

Embedded image permalink

Red My Lips is another favourite. When I bought it I thought it's matte (which would be a good thing). It's a great shade too. Perfect for those who have light skin tone but I have a tone close to Olive and it still looks good. I could match it in any outfit and it makes my look bolder, fiercer and classier. It doesn't make my lips dry and flaky so I love it and it stays so long, I don't need to reapply. I use lip balm before I put on my lipsticks so that they stay longer and keep my lips moisturized and it also makes the color pop a little.



MAYBELLINE SO NUDE BY COLORSENSATIONAL (NU35S)



(P250 SALE PRICE)

I love Nude lipsticks, they're great for rocking a natural look everyday and they looks classy too. I love this shade so much because it has a rosy shade on your lips. I try not to use it so much because I don't want to run out of it. It's a lot more expensive than the ColorShow but it's on sale right now, I guess for like 50% or less, which is a great deal for me but I haven't bought any new shades coz for someone who loves makeup, it's just so hard to choose what to buy. They're just so many of them and so great. It doesn't leave my lips flaky and dry. It does not melt in its tube. It lasts longer than ColorShow Chic Peach. I think they don't differ in shade that much. The downside here is that, you have to reapply once in a while. But overall, it's a great buy.


Embedded image permalink

No comments:

Post a Comment