21 November 2015

Review: TEMPTED (ALEX KENNEDY #1)


Published: 19 December 2007
Publisher: Spice
Author: Megan Hart
Acquired: Ebook


“Good things, by their nature, are fleeting. It’s those that bring us grief that linger.” 


I had everything a woman could want. …My husband, James. The house on the lake.

My life. Our perfect life.

And then Alex came to visit.

The first time I saw my husband's best friend, I didn't like him. Didn't like how James changed when he was around, didn't like how his penetrating eyes followed me everywhere.

But that didn't stop me from wanting him. And, surprisingly, James didn't seem to mind.

It was meant to be fun. Something the three of us shared for those hot summer weeks Alex stayed with us. Nobody was supposed to fall in or out of love. I didn't need another man, not even one who oozed sex like honey and knew all the secrets I didn't know, the secrets my husband hadn't shared. After all, we had a perfect life.

And I loved my husband.

But I wasn't the only one.




First of all, I read this book out of boredom and because I just noticed that I have almost all the books of Megan Hart and I have just read one so I was like, why not give it a try? And I've quite grew a little fond of Alex Kennedy in Naked. 

What can I say, the cover is waaay hotter than the sex scenes itself and it's waaay interesting than the story. Let's just say that reading this out of boredom was extremely a bad idea since it only made me more bored than I was before cracking this up.

The plot isn't enticing although I got curious whether Anne's husband, James, is gay and I kept wondering what was his fight with Alex about? But then it was discussed and I was disappointed because I was waiting for more. I didn't quite get the explanation that I was looking and waiting for. I skimmed the whole time.




The character are married couple and I'm just a bit wary when married couples are involved especially in this kind of situation. It's just, I feel uneasy when someone else is involved or in the picture with them.

I'm a fan of Ménage à trois. They're like my guilty pleasure and I've read good ones so I was really disappointed that the sex between the three of them is just boring and I didn't feel the excitement in Anne's part.

I got to learn more about Anne and her relationship with her mother-in-law and her sisters. That part is just so unnecessary. I mean, I know they're just fillers but hey, they're uninteresting ones and it made everything a lot more boring. 




Her relationship with Alex though is just, nah for me. I'm not really sure what to feel about her attraction with him. I mean, they are consenting adults and they have rules and stuff and they're pretty much aware that it's impossible to not have feelings with the add-on (Alex) and it seems like infidelity for me even though James is aware about Alex' involvement.

The characters aren't interesting. The issues weren't resolved between all of them and I'm not really sure where the storyline is really going. It's not steamy, worth the lack of sleep or even worth the penny.

I suggest if you're thinking of reading a Megan Hart book, don't start with this one. It's not a good first impression to begin with but hey, people have their own opinions so I guess some would like this book.

Anyway, this book deserves a...

No comments:

Post a Comment