20 April 2016

ANNE WNDRS BEAUTY: AFFORDABLE BRUSH SET

Like any other girls, I am completely obsessed with makeup. Makeup is probably my vice and I'm proud of it. I am an avid fan of makeup gurus on Instagram and Youtube and I must say that they have influenced me so much and I have learned many cool stuff because of them. And one of the things I admire whenever I watch tutorials is the Artist's makeup brushes. You cannot just pass up being curious on how much they have cost and where they got it. I mean, c'mon, those babies help them a lot in so many ways.

I have always wanted to own my own makeup brush set despite the fact that back in the day, I didn't know how to use them or why there are so many brushes for one part of the face. Yes, I went to that phase. Clueless and innocent. Don't judge me.

I bought my first brush set when I was in high school from an online seller I found in Sulit.com. It was the only website and online shopping site that I was familiar with and was confident with to check out. The brushes with black handles are Singapore-made brushes that costed me like around P800 for 24 brushes and it comes with a pouch. Looking back now, I am regretting buying them for that price because there are many sites like Ensogo and Instagram that sells these kind of brushes for like P500 only (I know, it sucks). 

Anyway, what's disappointing with these brushes is the fact that they lack consistency in terms of bristles or brush hair. The face brushes like the Kabuki brush, blush brush, contour brush and powder brush have soft hairs and doesn't feel hard on your skin when using them unlike the smaller brushes. Some of the smaller brushes are hard on your skin and it makes me feel as if I'm using a comb on my eyelids. (Not even kidding)

I always use the powder brush and the blush brush because they are soft and does a good  job. I used to use the eyebrow brush but then grew out of it because it's too thick. I prefer thinner eyebrow brush for more precise and clean application of eyebrow powder and it's easier to work on 'em.

The other brush set, gold handles and all, only costed me like P300 for 8 pieces and no pouch, and those are from Lazada.com. When they first came in, they have this hideous smell, they smelled like a sharpie so I was wary to use them and I couldn't take the odor. So what I did was I washed them with baby shampoo and it kinda worked. When washing your brushes, you gotta use baby shampoos because they are milder and won't ruin your brushes. Anyway, there was still a hint of smell so I waited for like a few days for it to die down. 

They are actually my favourite probably because they cost less and they are a lot better to use than the other one. I always use the contour brush and the blending brush. They work great. Worth the penny actually.








#makeupbrushset #affordablemakeupbrushes


And as you can see, I don't use the pouch, I just display them like that. Using glass bottles or mugs are a lot better, they make it more classy or girly and they are pleasing to the eyes. You can actually put anything on or in 'em. I put sand in 'em just to make it cute. The white glass is actually a toothbrush holder but not anymore. Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment