14 April 2016

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE PERSON THAT SAVED ME

I was looking through my old stuff when I came across a familiar paper, folded into four and hidden between the pages of my diary. I wrote it when I was in my third year in college. Our professor asked us to write something to someone, that someone could be anybody and that something could be anything. During that time my boyfriend was battling liver failure. We were both in the hardest moment of our lives. I was completely stressed most of the time and had a hard time focusing on my studies. When I was writing this, I was thinking of the possibility of losing him, it was painful but  all I could think of was to express my gratitude and my support to him. He still haven't read it. I still have not told him about the existence of this letter and I sure hope one day, he will be able to.



16 August 2014


Dear Mr. Potato,

Meeting you wasn't something I planned on. You came into my life when  I was in my most disastrous state and you were in yours. We started as strangers - two teenagers, both lonely, both helpless, both alone and both in need of love - then we became best friends eventually lovers. But most importantly, you turned out to be the best teacher.

I thank God everyda for making our paths crossed because you taught me a lot about life and love.

You always ask me why I love you and why I still love you after your acYoucident. It's simple. I love you and still love you because you taught me that love is beautiful and life is something we should never take for granted.

Thank you for teaching me that there is hope in humanity, how to love and be loved, how to stand for what I want and never be afraid to fight for it, that it's OK to fall because you can always stand up. You saw what I am capable of, my flaws, basically my imperfections and yet you saw them as a beautiful reminder that there is such thing as perfectly imperfect.

You taught me that it's ok to be scared, to be weak...to be fragile because that's what makes a person stronger.

But most importantly, you taught me to cherish what I have and live life to the fullest and to never stop showing your love and care to a person because time flies so fast that we could wake up one day and realize that things can never be the same again.

You have been my inspiration and my angel. Your presence brings meaning into my life.

I love you and as much as possible I want to be here for you. I know that you're getting tired and that  pain can something be too much to bear for you but you know that I am so proud of you because after everything that you're going through, you are still fighting and never giving up.

You're my superman and I want you to always remember that no matter what happen, I'm here for you.

You're not the only one fighting, we're both fighting, your battle is my battle, your pain is my pain. We're a team all throughout this life obstacle.

If I could share even just half of your pain, I would love to, in a heartbeat.

I know God has a plan. Just have faith, be stronger and be positive because there is no lock without a key, a problem without a solution.

May God protect you all the time and heal all your wounds, but most importantly, may He give you the chance to live more of your life because you deserve it as much as I do.



Mrs. Potato

No comments:

Post a Comment