31 October 2015

BOOK-to-MOVIE ADAPTATION UPDATE


Th3rteen Reasons Why to become a Netflix Series

I have just learned that Jay Asher's best-selling YA novel will be adapted into a 13-episode series and Selena Gomez would be one of the executive producers! 

For those people who aren't familiar with this book, the story follows a high-school student, Clay, who received a box with thirteen cassette tapes recorded by his classmate who, two weeks earlier, committed a suicide. The tapes pretty much explains why she ended herself and how certain people pushed her into doing it.

Apparently, Selena Gomez, along with her mom, have read the book and I guess they found it worth producing. But anyway, I've heard long ago some rumours that the movie was set to be adapted into a movie but obviously, it wasn't pushed through. 

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about this because this book was a recommendation to me by some of my friends and I wasn't disappointed when I read it. I'm just excited as everyone to see how the series would turn out to be. Fingers crossed guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment