18 October 2015

Review: HOLD ON TIGHT (SEA BREEZE #8)



Honestly, I have all the books of Abbi Glines but I won't say I'm a fan. I've read like only two books, this one being the second and I was quite disappointed to the first book of hers that I've read so I didn't try to read one more. But then I had to kill time and Moon Reader have this feature in it that would randomly select a book for you and it happened to be Hold On Tight and I was like, "Oh well. Why not?' 
"This thing with you and me, it's real. No one else. You got me. Just us."
Six years ago, Dewayne Falco's life changed. He lost someone he never expected to lose. Resigned to punish himself for something he felt he could have prevented, he goes through life without getting too close to anyone. What he didn't expect was for the girl across the street to move back home and remind him of what they both lost: Dewayne's younger brother Dustin. However, when a miniature version of Dustin opens the door to greet him, Dewayne realizes he might not have lost everything after all. Sienna Roy loved Dustin Falco most of her life. He was the boy next door, the high school basketball star and her best friend. But when his life was cut short, she realized he left a part of himself behind. Now, she's back in Sea Breeze, thankful to have a home for her and Dustin's son, but not sure if she can ever forgive the people across the street who abandoned her when she needed them the most — The Falcos. Betrayal, lies, and forbidden attraction might end Dewayne and Sienna's story before it's even begun.

I'd say that this book is not much of a disappointment. I already expected that it would turn out like the first book I've read but this one is a little better than that. I didn't know the plot of the book nor did I try to research about it coz I like to be surprised and I don't want to judge the book by its plot coz let's face it, some of the plot written on the back of the books aren't as appealing as when you really read it. 
“He’ll see that if you love a woman, you fight like hell to hold on to her. And you don’t fucking walk away when things get tough.” 
The story isn't so much of an excitement for me. I actually found myself just skimming through the page or skipping it altogether. But that doesn't mean I wasn't able to notice that the story is seemed fast. I think it would be better if Dewayne and Sienna didn't hook up that easily. I mean, there are issues that needed to be solved or important things to be thought of first. I didn't like the whole video/phone sex. Again, it seemed too fast for them to go on that level. And to think Dewayne is the uncle of Sienna's son and that there are a lot of adjusting that needs to be done. I guess I feel like Sienna's character is too easy. I mean, at first the thought of them together seemed unappealing to her since he is her ex- boyfriend's brother and uncle of her son and she was being hard to get and I liked that but then she let him see her masturbate and I was like, "Why don't you just have sex with him and stop being all hard to get when you can't even stand your ground?"

But I must say that the sex scenes really turned me on. I mean, I was reading the book in our Uni library and I was seriously aching. I know I was so turned on coz I had to text and call my boyfriend because I was seconds to imploding. I had to be sated. And to think I was in a library reading sex scenes was like so hot. No one even noticed. I was really squirming. Not kidding so I guess the sex scenes really work. Only few books could really get me hot and wet. This one got me hot so it's ok.

So it's kinda sad that the sex scenes are the only things in the book that I enjoyed and found amusing. Sienna's character was doing good in the first few chapters but then when she met Dewayne, her character just flunked. I was proud of her character before because I could already imagine her and I found it strong but yeah. Things change. 
Anyways, this book deserves a 

No comments:

Post a Comment